When the first ever video uploaded on YouTube just over 16 years ago, no one could imagine in their wildest dreams that one day over two billion users are going to visit the video sharing platform on a daily basis. If you’re interested in a little YouTube trivia, here is some more mind-blowing facts about YouTube:
- Over 500 hours of video content is uploaded on YouTube every single minute!
- Google is obviously the biggest search engine in the world, but right behind it is YouTube, which is bigger than Bing, Yahoo! and Ask combined.
- YouTubers watch 6 billion hours of video per month and 4 billion videos per day.
- Every day, over 150 years of YouTube are watched on Facebook alone.
The list of amazing facts about this giant platform goes on and on. But in this article, we want to take a look at the huge opportunity YouTube presents to business owners from pretty much all sectors and industries. You probably guessed it right, we’re talking about YouTube advertising. The use of YouTube Ads has been on a constant rise in the past years and it is for the right reasons. YouTube Ads offer some exceptional features that are really hard, if not impossible, to beat by other ad platforms. Moreover, if done right, YouTube Ads offer the best return on investment compared to other platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
If you want to discover the benefits of YouTube advertising, some are listed below:
1- YouTube Ads are cost-effective.
If you’re familiar with PPC advertising, you know that it’s an extremely cost-effective strategy. If you’re not familiar with PPC, it’s easy to understand why it’s lucrative — you only pay when someone clicks your ad.
Not only that, but you choose exactly how much you’re willing to pay when someone clicks.
These two characteristics mean that you’ll never over-spend on PPC ads and you never waste money on advertising space.
But why are we talking about PPC ads on a page about YouTube advertising?
YouTube advertising follows a PPC model that works the same way — making it extremely cost-effective.
2- YouTube Ads are highly targeted
Granular targeting is crucial for a successful campaign, and YouTube ads allow you to get extremely detailed when it comes to targeting the exact audience that you want to reach.
You can target your audience by:
- Demographics: Target users based on factors like location, age, gender, parental status, and more.
- Topics: Reach audiences based on topics of interest.
- Customer Match: Using first-party online and offline data, you’ll be able to re-engage with customers who have shown interest in your company in the past.
- Similar Audiences: Similar Audience targeting allows you to use Customer Match data to target users that are similar to those who typically show interest in your ads.
- Video remarketing: Target users who have interacted with your videos or YouTube ads in the past.
- Affinity audience: Target your affinity audience, which includes users who have a strong interest in topics related to your business.
- Custom affinity audience: Target users in an even more granular way with custom affinity audiences that allow you to target a group of users with an extremely specific set of interests relating to your brand.
- In-market audience: Target your in-market audience by advertising to those who are currently searching for products or services that you offer.
- Life events: Target users based on life events that they’ve recently experienced. Life events include milestones like moving, getting married, or having a child.
With YouTube’s targeting options, you can target an ultra-specific group of users, or more general groups, based on what kinds of products you’re trying to sell.
It can take some trial and error to decide how to target your audience, but an expert marketing company like DigitalBMS can help you decide on the perfect targeting options for a successful campaign.
3- Video ads help you connect with your audience
Do you feel more connected with a brand after watching a commercial or seeing an insert in your local paper?
Most would say they felt more connected after watching a commercial since they get to see a brand in action. They get to connect with the faces that represent the brand, better understand their attitude as a company, and see how a product or service works.
Not only that, but YouTube video ads allow you to truly connect with your audience by turning the camera on yourself.
4- YouTube Ads metrics are easy to measure
If you don’t measure the success of any marketing campaign, you’re wasting your time running it. Without knowing how a campaign performs, you won’t have insight into how you could improve.
That said, it’s crucial that you analyze your YouTube advertising campaign — and the platform makes it easy to do so.
Just click the “Analytics” tab in your YouTube account! There, you can learn more about your viewers and how each specific video performs. If you want to track views, costs, and budget details related to your YouTube ads, you’ll want to visit your Google Ads account.
5- YouTube Ads provide quick results
Since YouTube has over 2 billion monthly users, it’s easy to understand why you’ll see such fast results. Getting your ads in front of more people means you’ll get more ad clicks, website traffic, and sales over time. With the incredible user base that YouTube has developed, it makes for a fantastic advertising platform where you’ll see results quickly.
With such a huge pool of users, YouTube guarantees fast results since a large audience means more users interested in your brand.
And speaking of large audiences…
6- YouTube advertising puts you in front of billions
Consider the difference in passing out flyers to passers-by at your local storefront in a small town. You might be lucky to hand out 20 flyers in an afternoon — simply because there aren’t a lot of people that pass your store.
YouTube creates an opportunity for small businesses and enterprise businesses alike to reach more interested users than ever before — simply because it offers such a giant user base. (More than 2 billion users, to be exact).
Even if you choose to specifically target an audience, you’ll still get your ads in front of more people than you would with other methods — unless you have 2 billion email subscribers or 2 billion followers on Facebook (where you also run ads)!
Here at DigitalBMS we are receiving more and more requests to conduct and manage YouTube ads for a variety of businesses we work with, that’s why we now have a dedicated team of experts to deal with YouTube Ads. From the very first step of the process which is video script and content creation to creating the ads, fine-tuning the campaigns and constantly measuring the performance of the ads, we got you covered.
If you’re interested in advertising on YouTube and want to do so successfully, just give us a call and we can discuss the options and the best approach for your business.